BARN provides resources and support to those in Eastern & Central Maine guided by the following:
Our Mission: To provide peer-based services, education, outreach, and advocacy. We offer a safe haven for those seeking recovery, their loved ones, and our communities.
Recovery is a process of transformation in which we seek to overcome the harmful effects of a disease or debilitating condition and pursue a better life. While the primary purpose of the Bangor Area Recovery Network is to facilitate recovery from addictions, we support the recovery of affected others, those who love and support persons suffering from substance use disorder, those still active in addiction, and/or persons in recovery from addiction.
- While all recovery is supported by the BARN, the primary focus shall be to support and sustain recovery from alcohol and drug addiction.
- Fiscal responsibility is essential.
- While we recognize individual pathways to recovery, the principle of group conscience shall guide the organization.
- The BARN insists on a safe, sober and clean environment that maintains and sustains the goal of recovery.
- Recovery is available and possible for everyone. Love and tolerance are the forces guiding our efforts.
To meet its mission, the BARN has set out some specific goals as outlined below:
- To operate a safe, healthy, and respectable environment that is available to the recovering community.
- To establish an environment that recognizes various pathways to recovery.
- To serve as central regional hub for recovery resources.
- To enable people in the community to attain and sustain recovery.
- To educate members and the public on different paths to long-term sobriety.
- To offer the space and means for education on recovery and life skills.
- To offer members opportunities to expand their lives through volunteer activities and mentoring.
- To provide community activities that support a thriving recovery fellowship.
- To offer space and opportunities for a wide range of self-help and educational meetings.
- To sponsor a variety of social activities, holiday programs and events that support recovery.
- To sponsor celebrations of recovery and affirm community recovery efforts.
- Participate in BARN's Activities and Events
- Become a Member
- Become a Volunteer
- Serve on One of BARN's Committees:
- Operations-1st Monday of the Month
- BARCC- 4th Monday of the Month
- Development-2nd & 4th Thursdays of the Month
- Carry BARN's message for recovery in the community
- Support the BARN with your generous tax-deductible Contribution
The BARN is now open 7 days a week! Since June 1, 2020, we have been doing our best to keep everyone safe by insisting patrons wear masks, sanitize and wash hands, and maintain social distancing in accordance with State Guidelines. Between meetings and functions, BARN volunteers and staff are cleaning and sanitizing the facility. When coming into the BARN, you will be asked to provide your name and phone number in case of COVID exposure, and you will be asked to wear a mask (properly-over the nose, mouth, and chin) and have your temperature taken. Our main room capacity has been expanded to hold 42 chairs and most of our meetings are Zoom integrated. Please see our website www.bangorrecovery.org or our BARN Facebook page, or call us at 207-561-9444 for updates on hours, event schedule, and more information on community safety procedures that are required of all visitors entering the facility.