A Grassroots Organization Providing Recovery Support
to People in Need
Recovery resources & support to those in Eastern & Central Maine.
Recovery Support Services at the BARN
- Host around 115 meetings per month supporting recovery from addictions
- Provide outreach and referral services to inmates in Penobscot County Jail
- Provide community education related to substance abuse and recovery
- Provide support to families affected by substance abuse and recovery
- Provide sober living for women in our recovery home, Holyoke Haven
- Provide a regional hub for recovery supports, recovery coaching, drop in access, social activities and recovery celebrations.
Monthly BARN Meetings
Addiction in the Family – first Wednesday of every month 5:30
12 Step Yoga – every Tuesday at 5:15
Community Health and Counseling Services
Higher Ground Services
Health Equity Alliance
Northern Light Acadia Hospital
Aroostook Mental Health Center
Medication Assisted Therapy
Penobscot County Metro Treatment Center
State of Maine Office of Substance Abuse and Mental Health
Addiction and Mesothelioma
The BARN is now open 7 days a week! Since June 1, 2020, we have been doing our best to keep everyone safe by insisting patrons wear masks, sanitize and wash hands, and maintain social distancing in accordance with State Guidelines. Between meetings and functions, BARN volunteers and staff are cleaning and sanitizing the facility. When coming into the BARN, you will be asked to provide your name and phone number in case of COVID exposure, and you will be asked to wear a mask (properly-over the nose, mouth, and chin) and have your temperature taken. Our main room capacity has been expanded to hold 42 chairs and most of our meetings are Zoom integrated. Please see our website www.bangorrecovery.org or our BARN Facebook page, or call us at 207-561-9444 for updates on hours, event schedule, and more information on community safety procedures that are required of all visitors entering the facility.